Monday, January 29, 2018

WWE: RAW's 25th Anniversary

The RAW 25th Anniversary was this past Monday. It was uh interesting, to say the least, but let's get into it.


RAW started with the Prince and Princess of WWE (usually I call her the queen but today because of the circumstances I'll call her a princess) Stephanie & Shane McMahon. Thanking all the wrestlers of the present, past, and future for their hard work and dedication to the show. They also thanked all of us the WWE Universe for watching and making RAW last to 25 years.


They introduced the chairman Vince McMahon and after a big family hug presented him with a plaque. Vince was less than impressed. Steph and Shane (Stephanie mostly) claim a go fund me was created and the fans bought this lovely plaque for him. Well, that caused a funny and nostalgic chain of events that are too cool to describe. Watch the video and return that childhood Monday Night Raw with Stone Cold being this rebel self, hitting everyone with a STUNNER!!!!


RAW 25 had a few matches. Best match of the night in my book was definitely the IC Championship.

Matches

Men's Division: Titus Worldwide vs Slater & Rhyno
Winner: No Winner. Dudley Boys Interfered



Really in this match, there wasn't much to explain. Both teams were performing...I guess. Then Dudley Boys intervened and took Heath Slater to Dudleyville via a TABLE!

Women's Division: Sasha, Bayley, Mickie, & Asuka vs Absolution, Nia, & Alicia
Winner: Sasha, Bayley, Mickie & Asuka


This match cool. Especially the end. Asuka ended up throwing everybody out of the ring! Her own teammates but Sunday its everyone for themselves and everyone got a glimpse of the first winner of the Women's Royal Rumble. I'll be shocked if she didn't win.

Intercontinental Championship Match: The Miz vs Roman Reigns (c)
Winner: The Miz



This match was awesome! I just wish Miz would've won clean over Roman. However, despite the typical cheating, it was still a good match. Well performed on both sides! Roman has been putting out nothing but quality as of late despite how people feel about him. The Miz did his job exceptionally well on Monday. THE BEST MATCH OF NIGHT HANDS DOWN!

Woken Matt vs Bray Wyatt
Winner: Bray Wyatt


This match was performed at the Manhattan Venue. It wasn't well received from the crowd reaction and honestly, it was underwhelming in its performance. It was just eh...

The Revival vs The Good Bros (Anderson & Gallows)
Winner: The Good Bros



I'm sorry, but I was disinterested at this point. RAW was so stagnant I had it on with the volume but I checked out. However, I was able to see the end and the fact that Gallows and Anderson picked up a win. While DX and Finn Balor finished them off after the match was over. Then

In Other News

Strowman, Lesnar, and Kane Have a Confrontation


The ending of RAW was interesting. Kurt brought out as many people as he could to thwart a huge fight. But it didn't work. Kane Strowman and Lesnar were combustible. And Lesnar lit the fuse for sure. He thick necked agitator Paul Heyman struck the spark of the powder keg. They fought it out. Braun ultimately was the last man STANDING.

The Undertaker Returns!


The Undertaker is done. I don't think he'll be coming back. And it sucks because Rick Flair was able to make a definite good bye. I don't like the hanging in the balance will he return won't he. He said last Monday that all his victims shall finally rest in peace. King and JR were confused. The fans were too busy chanting and taunting to really hear what he said. So I hope he is done. Not because I don't want to see him but because he's over 50 and his body has taken a lot of damage. He has a wife and a daughter. Fans or Family: I'd choose family any day!

DX Balor Club & Scott Hall


DX came out did their song and dance. Scott Hall came (who I love always the bad guy) out and did his performance. Then Balor Club came out. Of course the love affair didn't last long because the Revival came out. I like the Revival as performers. But I don't care for the persona. Its just this has been done before. By the very same guys your standing across from in the ring. Gallows and Anderson came to the WWE with the same chip on their shoulder just like the Revival.

Anyway they came together and took out the Revival. Then nothing but respect was given. This whole segment was long and drawn out. It was weak. I didn't care for it until Balor Club came in. Honoring the greats is cool but I'm tired of watching Triple H and Shawn Michaels get up their with their leather jackets and skipping in the ring. Ugh...it just I wasn't feeling it.

Honoring the GMs and Female Superstars


Past GMs except Vickie Guerrero. Don't worry she showed up at the Royal Rumble....smdh it was sad. Trish, Michelle, Maryse, Maria Kanellis, Jacquelene, The Bellas, and more. I'm not a fan of the Bellas at all but Nikki was the longest reigning Divas champion. She annoyed me and so does her sister. Both did nothing for the Divas division besides boost their own stardom. However they were there and represented the division for years so kudos to them for the honor. 

APA Pokergame


I loved the APA Pokergame and I miss JBL on commentary. I don't know why he left full time commentary. Probably due to the schedule and constantly having to work. But that pokergame was cute. Catching Heath Slater cheating and leading to the Dudley Boyz return!

Weird WWE Superstars


Jonathan Coachman lead the charge on this one with everyone from Brother Love to the Boogey Man to Teddy Long. Arriving in the GMs office and congratulating on 25 years of RAW

Jericho Confronts Elias About his Scarf & Music


This segment I loved. Jericho is one of my favorite Heels (hell wrestlers in general). It was cute campy and funny. 

Elias & John Cena Cross Paths Again

Yawn....honestly I see why this happening. Elias is being put over. Ok great truth is he's already OVER! People love Elias and Hate him. So...yep!

Mean Gene Okerlund Interviews Aj Styles


Classic interview and probably a dream come true for Aj Styles. 

Charlotte & Ric Flair Confront Alexa Bliss

Charlotte let it be known to be the WOMAN you have to BEAT the WOMAN! I love Charlotte. Heel or Face she was bred for this. Natural Selection lol. 

The Godfather & Mark Henry


The Godfather introduces Mark Henry to his beautiful wife. She's a stunning woman. Good to see the Godfather without the skanks or hoe train.

OVERALL


RAW was just blah. It had good parts like the match between Roman and The Miz. It was awesome. Plus the final moments of the show. They left it with Strowman looking dominant and the rest of the men in the match at the Royal Rumble looking like easily squash able ants. I will say this. After all, this buildup and all this hype only have Brock walk out as champion like he's some dominant force when he barely puts in any work is absolutely ridiculous. We all know Kane ain't winning nothing. Once he loses he will go back to running for Mayor in Tennessee I believe. So its only down to 2 people: Strowman and Lesnar. If I am being completely honest my money is on Strowman but I know the WWE has an agenda and it always starts with Brock Lesnar and ends with Lesnar. 

Look RAW took place at two venues Manhattan Center and Barclays Center in Brooklyn. There were only 2 matches in the Manhattan Venue. It was sad. The fans of the Manhattan arena were pissed!
It's rumored that Jerry the King Lawler and JR were both napping it was so boring. Why didn't they have dark show matches at the Manhattan venue until televised segments came back on? Why did they spread themselves so thin?

Until Next Time Folks...
via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular

Taking a Break...But I Shall RETURN!

So you guys have noticed I haven't posted regularly like I should. I have not been as invested in my blogs as when I started and I a...

Follow Us @PsychDesignTV