Monday, May 7, 2018

Backlash RESULTS

InterContinental Championship Match: Seth Rollins (c) vs The Miz
Winner: Seth Rollins 


This match was FREAKING AWESOME! The Miz put on an impressive show. He went in and took Rollins down. He damn near won it. It was a good match. I loved it. I can't believe I'm saying it. But The Miz really put on an amazing performance. I'm thoroughly impressed. If The Miz had won this match I wouldn't have been upset.

Women's Championship Match: Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax (c)
Winner: Nia Jax


It started with Nia getting control and tossing Alexa around fairly easily. But Alexa is thinking wrestler. Trying to overpower Nia wasn't going to work. So she grounded her as many times as she could. Alexa was able to get the match in her favor fairly quickly. She grounded Nia but it just wasn't enough to best the Irresistible force. Nia Jax retained

US Championship Match: Randy Orton vs Jeff Hardy (c)
Winner: Jeff Hardy


They fought hard. Randy Orton had a sick dropkick to Jeff on the outskirts of the ring. Jeff hit the floor hard. I thought it was over for Hardy but it wasn't. He was able to recover and hit the twist of fate and a Swanton bomb later on in the match to pick up the win. It was still a good match between two future Hall of Famers. Randy hasn't really gotten out of the blocks since his loss to Jinder last year. He's been in a drought as of lately. He won the US Championship but couldn't hold on to it.

A Little Intermission...


Elias was out once again and was gonna start a song for Bruce Springsteen. A song about how much he hated Newark, NJ.  New Day came out to do a concert for the dual-branded pay per view Backlash. And then Aiden English comes out for his 15 minutes. The crowd goes absolutely BANANAS! LMAO. I hate Aiden's voice. Rusev Day has arrived! THEN No Way Jose comes out with Titus Worldwide and Breezango! OMG...the chaos.


Bobby Roode comes out and hits Elias with a destructive Glorious DDT.

End of Intermission LMAO

Men's Division: Daniel Bryan vs Big Cass
Winner: Daniel Bryan


Daniel Bryan started this match off strong against Cass. Really taking him to the mat. Started out with the Yes Kicks but couldn't get them off. Cass took over but gloated too much. He gave Daniel the opening to win. He was put in a submission and tapped IMMEDIATELY. Then because he tapped, he got mad and attacked Bryan viciously.

Women's Championship: Carmella (c) vs Charlotte
Winner: Carmella


I'm not happy that Carmella won. Carmella is not a viable champion and I don't think she ever will be. I guess they needed a new heel champ since Alexa has been dethroned. The match wasn't half bad. Carmella performed ok and so did Charlotte. But in the end, Charlotte underestimated Carmella. Charlotte jumped off that top rope and injured herself. Carmella took advantage and retained.

Her run will be more of an annoyance than anything else. If she took her role as champion more seriously than I'd probably take her more seriously.

WWE Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Aj Styles (c)
Winner: No Contest


A lot of emotion mind games and low blows. A low blow ended this bout and left both men unable to answer a 10 count. An anti-climatic ending if you ask me. Quite frankly I was disappointed.

Men's Division: Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn vs Braun Strowman & Bobby Lashley
Winner: Braun Strowman & Bobby Lashley



It was a sad day to be Kevin and Sami. In the beginning, it was KO and Zayn. Isolating Lashley keeping Strauman out and it worked. But that did not last long. And when Strauman did enter into this match it was over from then on. Strauman took over and completely decimated both men. So much so that Sami tried to leave the match. Initially attempting to grab Kevin but he ended up leaving him in the ring. Kevin was left dumbfounded and even tried to bring him back to the ring but got a slap from his best friend. This lead to a back and forth switching out the men in the ring. I lost track of who was legal and who wasn't. Lashley was able to recover in that time. Both Lashley and Strauman were in the ring at the time and Kevin got pinned for the win. Afterward, both men got a running powerbomb. It looks like theirs some cracks in the friendship bubble but knowing WWE that'll pass. To be honest Kevin and Sami never really got a true rivalry 3 out of 3 series. They had one run in or 2 and then Kevin was pushed forward. Hopefully, if WWE goes down that road again Sami will get the boost and Kevin will hang back for a while.

Men's Division: Roman Reigns vs Samoa Joe
Winner: Roman Reigns


Samoa Joe did everything he could to beat Roman Reigns. He viciously attacks the Big Dog before the match even began and kept his foot on his neck the entire match. It was brutal. Reigns would get a few looks but not enough to get Joe off of him. Until Joe put the  Coquina clutch on Roman. At first, Roman was fading and it looked like he was going to lose this match. But he was able to snap out of it and push past Samoa Joe and pick up the win. 

This was nothing more than a momentum pusher. It worked to get Roman out of the rut he was in. But now what? Brock hasn't been seen or heard from since GRR. And there have been no announcements for the WWE Universal Championship match as far as I know. So now what?

Overall

The matches were good. I have to say it was a decent pay per view. But I have a few issues...

WWE Championship should've closed the show.

I don't care who's on the docket. You need to have the champion close the show. Reigns nor Joe have a championship. Its unfair to the current champion whose there every night doing his job. Holding the title regularly and performing at the top of his game every night. No shade to the other superstars but Aj Styles is champ he deserves the spotlight.

No Reigning Defending Undisputed Jock Itch and Walrus Tonight?

Once again Brock is on hiatus. It baffles me how much time he's away and how people still want him in the WWE. I think with him gone and no longer holding the title hostage. It can finally be contested on ALL pay per views. As of right Brock Lesnar is always violating that 30-day rule for the championship.

No Tag Team Battles?

No Light & Dark, No Bludgeon Bros? I'm gonna be honest I'm glad they weren't on the show. I don't dislike either of the teams. There wasn't a viable rivalry for the belts set up. I don't know I guess it was a good call it definitely would've made the pay per view longer.

The Odd Intermission

I mean bro...Bobby Roode, No Way Jose, Titus Worldwide, Elias, and New Day had a spot. It was hilarious. I died laughing. 

Other than that the show was good. I was entertained. 

1 comment:

Popular

Taking a Break...But I Shall RETURN!

So you guys have noticed I haven't posted regularly like I should. I have not been as invested in my blogs as when I started and I a...

Follow Us @PsychDesignTV