Monday, January 8, 2018

WWE: SmackDown Live First SmackDown of 2018 LEGGO!

I was thoroughly entertained by SmackDown Live today! I am so excited typing this you have no idea! So let's get into it!


Aj Styles kicked off the show tonight with one question: Is Kevin Owens going to be allowed at ringside for his match with Sami Zayn? Daniel Bryan came out and so did Shane McMahon. Shane did come and apologize to Aj Styles for interfering and costing him his match last week. It's clear the Commissioner and GM are not on the same page. It turned into a pissing match between them. And instead of coming to a resolution they decided to ALL be present during Aj Styles match with Sami Zayn. Brilliant idea, nothing can go wrong with that.

via GIPHY

Before I can continue I have to tell I thoroughly enjoyed SDLive it was entertaining and all the matches were solid! I was surprised and happy at the same time.

MATCHES

First Match of the Night: The Usos vs Gable & Benjamin
Winner: The Usos after a Restart



This was my FAVORITE MATCH of the night! I absolutely loved it! First off I love The Usos. Whether heel, hero, or anti-hero they put on an amazing show no matter what. They are one of the best performers in the WWE HANDS DOWN!

Now having said that this match was captivating from start to finish. Chad & Shelton were also impressive and are viable contenders for the championships. The match was short and quick in the beginning. Not something I expected from the Usos. They had me screaming at the tv, damn near scared my husband to death! LMAO. Toward the end, there was a double tag. At the time Jimmy and Chad were the legal men in the ring. Once the double tag was hit it was acknowledged that Shelton and Jey were the LEGAL men in the match. Which made it odd to watch Jimmy get pinned by Chad Gable when neither of them was legal. The ref counted 1, 2, 3 and gave the challengers the belts. Watching them walk away on a bullshit technicality like that pissed me off. But another ref came down and told the ref that his ruling was wrong. After consideration and 3 instant replays, it was confirmed that the ref made a mistake and he restarted the match.

Jimmy and Jey fought hard and held on their titles in the end! I loved it. It had controversy, fast-paced action, it was just an AWESOME AWESOME MATCH!

The Bludgeon Bros vs Breezango
Winner: Match Never Began


I was not looking forward to this match at all. It never even began. Breezango got attacked by Harper and Rowan before the ref could start the match. The Ascension came down to help but didn't get any further than the apron. They were quickly disposed of. Though the match was unnecessary and definitely not needed it did not take away from the overall show. It just was...sigh let's move on.

via GIPHY

I feel like the Ascension is about to disappear from the roster. They will go on to another indy brand like ROH, NJPW, or Impact and dominate. I think they're a viable tag team that deserves a proper shot in the division. Given the fact that from what I hear they had a strong run as the NXT tag champs (I've never watched NXT) they were not given a fair shake on the main roster. Hopefully, soon things will change for them if not, hey ROH or NJPW or Impact here's another viable pickup that WWE is wasting.

The United States Championship Tournament: Aiden English vs Xavier Woods
Winner: Xavier Woods Advances 

Xavier went after Aiden last week with this hilarious campaign video about his days in NXT and how he and his old partner captured the NXT tag team championships.



Well, today the New Day was celebrating the New Year with Xavier giving him a 2018 pancake celebration. But it was foiled by Rusev and Aiden. 


Taking it to the ring. I actually enjoyed this match too. It went back and forth and was touch and go for both men as they tried to capture a win to get one step closer to the United States Championship Belt. 
And as much as Aiden English irritates me he's a good wrestler and can perform effectively when in the ring with the right wrestler. Xavier put on a decent show as well. When a challenge is presented I realize that Xavier will rise to the occasion. He's more than just a goofball mouthpiece. He is a great competitor and its a joy to watch him. Xavier picked up the win. 

Riott Squad vs The Welcome Committee
Winner: Riott Squad


This match was heels vs heels (both heels I don't care for) so I wasn't invested in who won or who lost. It was still a good match though. Both teams worked together well in the ring and put on a decent match. But ultimately it was Little Liv's interference in the match knocking Tamina off the top rope that got the Riott Squad a big W!

Liv Morgan is boring to me she reminds of Alexa Bliss but less in-ring skills, less athleticism, and no mic skills. Sarah Logan reminds me of that big girl on the playground who was shy but everybody thought she was mean. She just isn't giving me anything but I'm a good ole country girl and I'm trying to be mean and strong. I like Ruby Riott but I want to see what she's capable of on her own.

Becky Lynch returned to exact her revenge after her "injury" hiatus along with Naomi and Charlotte. That was satisfying AF! I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

Main Event: Aj Styles vs Sami Zayn
Winner: Sami Zayn


After everyone got around the ring: Kevin, Shane, and Daniel. The match began. It was fine in the beginning. Aj Styles attacked Sami Zayn with a vengeance. It was interesting and slightly satisfying until the end. Aj Styles was able to get Sami in the calf crusher. He broke free and tried to recover. They got to a point where they were trading punches back and forth. Sami got hit with a Pele Kick and to keep from getting hit the ref dove out of the ring. Kevin thinking the ref injured himself kept the ref out of the ring by "checking on him". Seemingly blocking him from getting inside the ring. During that time just like last week Sami Zayn was pinned 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 76! Lol, he was pinned dammit! Of course, Shane got involved and pushed Kevin. Shane told the ref to boot Kevin from ringside. But since Shane got involved Daniel told Shane he needed to leave too ON THE MICROPHONE! This little distraction gave Zayn leverage which lead to a helluva kick and the win.

Aj Styles was livid! And rightfully so this match was good until all the fuckery! It was just an absolute mess!

Aj grabbed the mic and told both the GM and Commissioner to stop acting like kids. He said he came out there to put on a good show for the people not be a pawn in everyone's game. He sarcastically said I might as well take on Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens in a handicap match. I'm thinking ok next week he'll be in a handicap match against both men, cool. Right? Well, bruh if you thought that like I did then you would be wrong just like me. Daniel gets on the mic and goes: "What a great idea! At the Royal Rumble, it will Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens vs Aj Styles in a handicap match for the WWE Championship!"

IF THE LOOK ON YOUR FACE WAS SOMETHING LIKE THIS GIF:

via GIPHY

Then you and I were on the same page. The crowd was happy and cheering because well its Daniel Bryan making the announcement. He can say lick my balls and they'll cheer. But I, Shane, and Aj Styles were puzzled and the only thing I could come up with to say in response to this trash was THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT!

In Other News

Mojo Rawley vs Zack Ryder didn't happen tonight for some dumb ass reason. I would've rather seen that match then the effing Bludgeon Bros ridiculous schtick with the Tango Boys and their laughing stock sidekick Descension.

Anyway, Mojo had a little message for Zack. He said he was going to finish what he started, bypass Ryder and go on to win the United States Championship. Then he mocked him. #Woowoowoo #YouKnowIt

Overall

Listen I LOVED Smackdown Live! The first match with The Usos and Gable & Benjamin was pure wrestling gold. But then again pretty much anything the Usos are in is going to be worth watching. But this ending to the show was some bullshit! 

A handicap match, REALLY? A triple threat I can kind of get with but handicap? Daniel Bryan, I don't know what kind of game is going on here but I don't see this working out in anyone's favor. Mark my words: Kevin Owens will be champion but not in a deserving way. I want Sami Zayn to hold a title without Kevin Owens. And I want Sami Zayn to build himself up without Kevin Owens. If you're going to push Kevin Owens then let him have a major title run without a "buddy". 

Moving on to Shane and Daniel. I'm tired of this sneak diss bullshit. I'm sick of it. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Stephanie may have ruled with fear and tactics but you know exactly what she means when she speaks. Daniel and Shane have a way of speaking to each other that is so passive aggressive. It's annoying, just be real! Say you don't like the decision and be done with it. And as a commissioner, if you don't like it override that shit!

And I can tell you this: If it didn't look like collusion before it damn sure looks like it now! Putting these two goons in a match for a potential championship LOOKS BAD. And add the fact that's it's a handicap match and well it just looks bad. And I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back to bite Daniel in the ass. So go head WWE Universe YES IT UP YEP IT UP! Cause this YES YEP train is starting to fly off the rails. Look for the BS! If the Commissioner doesn't cause no more trouble and become the ultimate heel. Then trust Daniel Bryan has already gotten there and will show his true colors. BELIEVE ME.

Well, Folks, I had a good time writing this one. Until next time...

via GIPHY



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular

Taking a Break...But I Shall RETURN!

So you guys have noticed I haven't posted regularly like I should. I have not been as invested in my blogs as when I started and I a...

Follow Us @PsychDesignTV