Tuesday, April 3, 2018

WWE: Monday Night RAW RECAP!

I know I know its been MORE THAN A WHILE since I've posted. But I have a good reason, uh yeah I lied I really don't but I'm posting now that's all that matters right? Look I'm working on it!


2 Weeks Ago on RAW...

Raw was...eventful

Brock takes the coward approach and attacked Roman while handcuffed. Roman called out the so-called champ and was almost arrested by the "US Marshalls" however 

Bayley made it known to Sasha how she felt about her "betrayal" at Elimination Chamber and how she could never forgive her. At least she alluded to it and never said it. She acted like a child about it and honestly it was sad and eye roll worthy. 

Braun still going at it alone in the battle for the tag team belts. Although he seems to be going alone the tag team champs are anxious to know who his partner will be at Wrestlemania. 

Titus Worldwide got another chance to job again against The Revival. Yawn...the revival bores me. They need another tag team that is on their technically but better in the persona dept to work. I thought WWE was going to allow them to rival the Good Bros, Gallows and Anderson. But alas they ended that before it can even start. Which made me sad because that was something I really wanted to see.

The Miz & MizTourage vs Finn Balor & Gallows/Anderson (aka Balor Club) was ok. The best part was the end. When all 3 men were in the ring. 

Asuka continued her streak while Alexa Bliss continued to taunt and berate Nia Jax. This should culminate in a big come up for Nia as Alexa is pummeled into the mat. I am going love this! I can't wait.

Cena continues to attempt his Wrestlemania moment. At this point, I'm tired of hearing about it and I don't want to see it. Apparently, Undertaker doesn't care nor does he want to be involved with Wrestlemania anymore. So Cena's taunts, cries, and pleas are falling on deaf ears.

Bray Wyatt vs Matt Hard in the ULTIMATE DELETION match. This was by far the most bizarre, hilarious, coolest thing I've ever seen. There is no way to explain what was demonstrated, you have to go to WWE youtube page and watch it for yourself. 

Last Week on RAW...



Brock Lesnar beat down a pre-injured Roman Reigns again. It was predictable and absolutely boring. Nothing else for me to say about it.

Bayley and Sasha had it out. Bayley was snippy and kiddy once again and Sasha well she had enough of her holier than thou attitude. They battled it out in the back area and it took refs to break them up. This would've been a perfect setup for a singles match at Wrestlemania. But WWE decided to keep them in the Battle Royal for women.

Nia Jax got to get her hands on Mickie James this week. After she won Alexa tried to sneak attack but ended up running away. Girl...just give her the belt on Sunday. At least you won't get yo ass whooped on the grandest stage of them all...again!

Cruiserweights got some action on the "A" Show. Uh..yea it was a solid match. With the final competitors teaming up with each other before their battle at WrestleMania.

The Miz setup Balor and Rollins for an assault. It was very transparent and typical Miz. However, Balor and Rollins played it up beautifully. Just note that the Miz will retain that belt past WrestleMania and become the longest reigning Intercontinental champion of all time.  A slot he rightfully earned.

Asuka was put up against a local no-name wrestler. She had spunk but was literally kicked down in .2 seconds. Match Over Streak Continues!

Braun went up against the other half of the tag team champs and won. I love this schtick with Strowman. No, he doesn't need a partner and I think it would be even more interesting to see how this will play out if he doesn't have a partner. He'll be first and only WWE superstar to ever hold the titles as a singles competitor. That would definitely be better than the Big Show showing up as his partner.

Rousey was offered a spot in Absolution but declined before she took out Deville and Rose by her lonesome. Interesting. I think WWE made a mistake by not putting Rousey in a match before Wrestlemania. She needs the training and exposure. This could be really good or really bad at WrestleMania. We just have to wait and see.

Miztourage and Gallows and Anderson had a match....moving on.

Elias had a match...moving on

Cena's match vs Kane...sigh...why just freaking why? Undertaker shouldn't come back and Cena just needs to move on and continue making movies. I mean at this point Cena looks desperate pathetic and just sad.

This Week on RAW


Team Rousey vs Team McMahon opened the show with a sitdown showdown in the middle of the ring. Handled by Jonathan Coachman. Both sides were asked questions by Coachman that the WWE Universe has asked via Twitter.


It wasn't a bad segment. It was ok. Rousey is clearly flubbing a lot but so did Roman. Pair her up with Road Dogg Jessie James for a while and she'll get the hang of it just like Roman did. Anyway, they both made solid points and Stephanie was viciously attacking Ronda on her UFC loss and how she dealt with it. If that'd been me I would've shaken the table on that hoe instantly! I can't stand a power GREEDY ARROGANT TRUST FUND BABY who hasn't experienced anything her precious father hasn't given her. The segment went back and forth and it ended with a stare down between Rousey and McMahon. Kurt got in the middle which resulted in Triple H hitting him from behind once again and Rousey taking over. But before she could do anything Stephanie put her through a table. It would the slowest table slam I've ever seen in my life. LMAO

MATCHES

Women's Division: Bayley vs Sonya Deville
Winner: Bayley


This match was ok. It didn't really start strong and it didn't finish strong either. Bayley is allowing this issue with Sasha to cloud her judgment and vice versa with Sasha. It's easy to see that both of these women need to fight it out. I think they should've had a best of series with Sasha and Bayley kind of like what they did with Cesaro and Sheamus. But have it culminate at Wrestlemania with another Iron Woman match or Steel Cage Match. It would've been EPIC! 

Men's Division: Finn Balor vs Seth Rollins
Winner: Seth Rollins

This match was AWESOME! NO PUN INTENDED LMAO. The Miz was on commentary and basically gushed about his newest edition little Monroe. Congrats Miz and Maryse by the way. That was not the draw. The draw was this amazing match between Rollins and Balor. They play well off of each other even as faces. They are just GOOD! I loved this match and Rollins keeps proving that he is Mr. Monday Night Raw. 

Men's Division: Matt Hardy vs Goldust
Winner: Matt Hardy

This was just odd and poor booking. I have nothing to say about this match other than let's move on.

Women's Division: Mickie James & Alexa Bliss vs Dana Brooke & Asuka
Winner: Dana Brooke & Asuka

We all know how any match with Asuka will end. She will win. So yea I wasn't looking forward to this. But I am glad that Dana got to show some prowess and got a win under her belt. I was really hoping that Nia would get her hands on that little bitch and give us all the satisfaction we so desperately need and want. Solid match and I'm glad Dana got a spot to shine on.

Men's Division: Heath Slater vs Elias
Winner: Elias

Uh...unnecessary and uninterested. This was a time filler. 

In OTHER News

Team McMahon vs Team Rousey

Uh...is it me or is Ronda in desperate need of help on the mic and the delivery of her moves. Now don't get me wrong I love Ronda. I think her coming to WWE is great. But she's gotta develop a persona other than just being Ronda Rousey. Yea she's great but where's the spunk, the spark, the vivaciousness. Stephanie and Triple H have tenure. They have personality, spunk. And they know how to work the mic. Ronda needs help asap, she's too green. It was a huge mistake to make her very first match at Wrestlemania. That is pressure beyond belief. She should've had her first match months ago on RAW and then worked the dark shows. However on the other side, for Stephnie to be as immersed in the WWE as she is her skills are lacking also. Ronda has an excuse she's no wrestler she's learning. But Stephanie was born in this business. She has no excuse as to why she can't sell a table drop. Ronda had to help her ass out on that and it still looked slow and sloppy. No, Ma'am. It wasn't devastating nor was it worth the cost of the broken table. It just didn't do it 

Brains Strowman?


You know there are days where I'm on board with WWE and their antics but this just takes the cake. So, of course, the tag team champs are wondering who Strowman's partner is going to be at Wrestlemania and so is the rest of the WWE Universe. But for the past 2 weeks, Strowman has successfully taken out both members of The Bar with ease. So it really doesn't matter it who his partner is because he is competition on his own. But this week, Braun decided to poke a little fun and add some mind games to the story. He came out tonight as Brains Strowman. Literally with a sleeveless shirt and glasses as his disguise. Chile...I was so floored with laughter. 

Cena Still has No Answer to his Challenge?


Listen I've been a fan of Cena's for years. But this whole LATE CHALLENGE to the Undertaker is irritating as hell. I just don't understand why this wasn't set up at least a month ago. Instead of having Cena put in both Main Event matches at the respective pay per views for each show at the last minute. Just to lose and then beg for the Undertaker to GIVE him a WrestleMania moment makes him look weak and needy. He's John Cena for god's sake, the franchise boy. The last of the attitude era. The leader of PG movement. How does one legend in his own right have to beg for a chance against another legend aka ICON at Wrestlemania? Something about this doesn't seem right. Its ridiculous and I want it to be over. Undertaker answered every single challenge issued to him except John's. Ugh... it's annoying 

Nia Jax Makes it Known Yeah I'm Big and I'm COMING FOR YOU BITCH!


Nia had an interview with Renee. It really hit home for me with her emotion towards this subject. Real or not. This is something that plagues the world. The mean girls are always the most insecure and they want to tear you down and make you feel less than so they can feel better. I wish every girl who is being teased and was teased can watch this match and feel vindicated. I can't wait for this to go down. 

No matter how you look at this it looks bad for Alexa Bliss. If she beats Nia at Wrestlemania it will only prove that WWE isn't as progressive as they claim. And if Nia wins she'll lose her title while being pummeled Honestly its time for new blood, new arrivals, and new matches. I can't wait. Because who will be the first challenge Nia as the newly crowned Women's Champion? Besides Alexa's rematch. If I was Mickie I would screw her ass at Wrestlemania and make her lose on the grandest stage of them all. Just me and my opinion. 

Brock & Roman Clash One Final Time


Honestly, this was a 1 way street for a while. And Monday they allowed Roman to show some come up. However, he was still laid out by Lesnar in the end. I get they are trying to build this up but for the past 2 weeks, but Roman has been getting manhandled. And now it all it took was a few superman punches to get Brock down? Smdh. 

OVERALL

This show was good. It gave us just enough to want to go over to Wrestlemania and see the final outcome. I was entertained and I'm anxiously waiting for Sunday night.

To see some of the clips and matches click this link to go to the WWE YouTube Page YouTube.com/WWE

Until Next Time Folks...

via GIPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular

Taking a Break...But I Shall RETURN!

So you guys have noticed I haven't posted regularly like I should. I have not been as invested in my blogs as when I started and I a...

Follow Us @PsychDesignTV