Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Wrestlemania 34 RESULTS!



Well, Wrestlemania did live up to the hype in some spots and in other spots it was 😕. But let's get into it, shall we?

WrestleMania was a LONG ASS SHOW! It lasted well over 7 hours. 7 hours of content that I was too tired to decipher the night of so I waited awhile. Yall know my MO lmao. So now that I'm awake and alert let's get into this!

KICK-OFF Matches 

Men's Division: Andre the Giant Battle Royal
Winner: Matt Hardy via Bray Wyatt 


I have to say this. I did not expect this match to give anything of substance and I was wrong. It wasn't great and it wasn't incredibly horrible but it was ok. It came down to the two previous winners Baron and Mojo, along with Matt and a someone else I can't remember. The fourth man was quickly dispatched and then the calamity ensued. For weeks after the ultimate deletion people have been speculating that Bray would come back as Sister Abigail to take on Woken Matt again. However, that was not the case. Bray was himself but he didn't attack Matt he helped him WIN! Bray never entered the Battle Royal this year (and rightfully so. no shade but he's better than that). So because its a battle royal legally Bray could come in and do whatever he wanted. Which is exactly what happened. He eliminated Mojo and Baron and joined forces with the Woken Family. DELETE DELETE DELETE DELETE!

Cruiserweight Championship: Cedric Alexander vs Mustafa Ali *TOP PICK MATCH #3*
Winner: Cedric Alexander (New Cruiserweight Champion)


This match was awesome. It was full of high flying, kicks, and just pure competition. Mustafa gave it his all but Cedric was just the better man that night. He was awesome and shined like a diamond with that new Cruiserweight Belt on his shoulder! Cedric deserved this and he won it fair and square. I freaking LIVED for this match. It was awesome. Hopefully, this will put some spark back into the 205 Live brand!

Psst from what I hear it HAS, a little bit lmao 😝! Check out 205 Live on WWE Network to peep my little tea drop 🍵🐸

Women's Division: Women's Battle Royal
Winner: Naomi (History Making Win 1st Winner of the 1st EVER Women's Battle Royal at WrestleMania)


My pick did not win. However, I'm glad it was Naomi. Bayley and Sasha were apart of the final 3 but in true get back fashion Bayley gave Sasha the illusion that they were working together only to throw her out of the ring in the end. Completely forgetting or not being aware that Naomi wasn't thrown out she was legally still apart of the match. Either way, Rear-View changed that and well Naomi won.

I don't get Bayley. Your mad at Sasha right and in a sense I get it she was your best friend and she did something you couldn't forgive nor forget. Ok cool. But the first chance you got you were digging at Sasha talking about her title reigns and then you throw her out of the ring in the battle royal in the same way she took you out during the Elimination Chamber. My question is if Sasha was your friend and you had a love for her how come it was so easy to blast her but you couldn't go extreme on Alexa Bliss and you had no love for her at all? #MakeitMakeSense


Main Show Matches

Intercontinental Championship: The Miz (c) vs Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor
Winner: Seth Rollins (c)


I did not expect Seth Rollins to pull through and get this W. But he did. And I have to say all 3 competitors really performed at their highest. I was absolutely floored at how much work the Miz put in and his performance was good. I'm proud to say that these guys really had a solid match. There were twists and turns and honest I did not expect Rollins to win at all. I was deadly sure Miz was going to get another WrestleMania moment and Balor and Rollins would be stuck in limbo once again. I don't know I guess the rumors are true. Miz is going on a hiatus for a while and maybe that will allow that belt to be defended and contested in some awesome matches. I see a Balor vs Rollins series that could EPIC if done right!


Smackdown Live Women's Championship: Charlotte (c) vs Asuka *TOP PICK MATCH #2*
Winner: Charlotte 


I WAS SO FREAKING SHOCKED AT THE END OF THIS MATCH! I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG ABOUT THIS MATCH FROM THE BEGINNING AND FOR THAT I OWE CHARLOTTE FLAIR AND THE WWE AN APOLOGY. I was 100% sure that Charlotte would lose this past Sunday at WrestleMania but I was wrong. Charlotte WON! SHE BEAT THE EMPRESS OF TOMORROW AND ENDED A 2 YEAR STREAK! She is truly the Queen of the WWE. Like it or not it's REAL!

Charlotte and Asuka put on an amazing performance last night. From high flying to slaps, to kicks to submission moves both women came to win. But ultimately it was Charlotte who would pull out and pick up the win. Charlotte injured her arm and Asuka went on the attack. She damn near made Charlotte's arm useless. However, Charlotte was able to lock in the Figure 8. She bridged with 1 arm until Asuka tapped. It was amazing!

Asuka even touted the queen and rallied that she was ready for Asuka. It was an amazing match filled with emotion and pure competition. And in the end, the two women respected each other more for it.

United States Championship: Randy Orton (c) vs Bobby Roode vs Jinder Mahal vs Rusev
Winner: Jinder Mahal


I was DEAD ON about this. I knew this was going to happen. This match slowed the show down a bit. It just was no reason to be invested in the rivalry. There were too many players and not enough animosity between them to play it up. It just didn't work and now you have a mediocre champ who will have a mediocre run as US Champ. It'll be the same bull shit he pulled while WWE Champion. I'm the Maharaja and you all hate me because of my blah blah 😒. I don't care just, as usual, I will mute when he's on tv. He just isn't worth the time. And I bet he will keep that belt until they have the Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia. Say what you want but mark my words.

Mixed Tag Team: Ronda Rousey & Kurt Angle vs Triple H & Stephanie McMahon *TOP MATCH #1*
Winner: Ronda Rousey & Kurt Angle



I have to admit this was a THOUSAND times better than I thought. But I did pick Ronda and Kurt to win so I'm not hating.


Ronda performed beautifully. She sold Stephanie's attacks well, I shocked and proud! She did an amazing job! I loved every minute of this match. It was an awesome match for Ronda's debut. Stephanie played her part well and so did Kurt and Triple H. But let's be honest Ronda was the star of the show and Stephanie looked green. However, it was a decent match and I was so proud of her performance.

Smackdown Live Tag Team Championship: The Bludgeon Bros vs The Usos (c) vs New Day *WORST MATCH #3*
Winner: The Bludgeon Bros


This match was slow boring and really didn't give New Day or The Usos an opportunity to showcase their skills. They are the best aspect of the WWE Tag Team division and to have them be on the grandest stage of them all like some jobbers was just messed up. The Bludgeon brothers did their job. They dismantled the two teams isolated each member and just tore them apart piece by piece. I feel for the Usos because they deserved better than this. The Usos made the Tag Team division viable on Smackdown Live. I think they will end up being sent to RAW. Just my thoughts.

Men's Division: Undertaker vs John Cena
Winner: Undertaker 



I've never seen Undertaker manhandle a competitor so much like he did John Cena. John sold that ish! Undertaker looked good. He looks like he put on some good weight and really performed with more fluidity.


I was impressed by a 50+ man. But it was one-sided and just oddly booked. This was painfully obvious that he would be there and honestly, WWE needs to cut the bullshit and keep it G.

Men's Division: Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon def. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn
Stipulation: If Zayn & Owens win they get their jobs back, if they lose they remain fired
Winner: Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon 


This match started off messed up. Daniel got attacked before he could even get the ring and so did Shane McMahon. So Shane ended up having to start this match alone. Suffering through diverticulitis Shane tried to push through but he got handled for a while during this match.


Daniel was being carted out in dramatic fashion. But fought through and came in to help Daniel. Of course, it was a long time before Daniel got in but when he did the crowd went absolutely NUTS!
Daniel Bryan

RAW Women's Championship: Nia Jax vs Alexa Bliss (c)
Winner: Nia Jax 


I was so happy that Nia won this match she fought took out Mickie James and beat down little Pipsqueak Bliss. I'll give Alexa her props she put up a good fight but in the end, she was no match for the irresistible force. Alexa got laid out via a Samoan drop off of the 2nd rope. It WAS EVERYTHING!

WWE Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Aj Styles (c)
Winner: Aj Styles


This match was good. They both laid it on the line and made it clear they were not going down without a fight. So the match itself was great. It wasn't the match that was interesting. It was when it was over. Shinsuke and Styles exchanged respect for each other. But Shinsuke took it a step further and took a knee to present Aj Styles with his belt.


Aj didn't think anything of it and appreciated the gesture. But while the audience was clapping and cheering Shinsuke low blows Styles and kicks him out of the ring. He then hits Aj with the Kinshasa. Match over Shinsuke has officially turned heel.

RAW Tag Team Championship: The Bar vs Braun Strowman & Nicholas
Winner: Strowman & Nicholas


Um by far this was the most BIZARRE match of the night. Strowman had no partner against the bar. He literally chose a child who was in the 4th Grade to be his partner. No lie Little Nicholas was on the apron and even got in the RING! I just didn't understand what I was watching. I don't get what it was meant to do. I was extremely lost.

However, it was cool that this kid got to have the ultimate WrestleMania moment!

Universal Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) vs Roman Reigns
Winner: Brock Lesnar


This match is of course controversial. I am not happy with this outcome. Brock always comes out looking untouchable.  I'm sick of it. Roman got rocked in more ways than one. Although he worked at it and put up a good fight he still got beat. With the same stale bullshit, Brock has been peddling since 2002. The match was awful and there was no reason to feature another match like WrestleMania 31. I wasn't here for the fuckery.


I don't understand why they continue the same rhetoric over and over. When it's been proven there is a cure for the BEAST just ask Overeem. Then instead of being smart and understanding that Roman isn't the problem, the WWE Universe blames him anyway. As if he's the reason the matches with Lesnar are terrible. But have you noticed that every single match with Lesnar is the same MO? He doesn't deviate. Except for when he can't get his way then he resorts to tactics that are illegal even in UFC. So who's the issue here? I don't get it.

Busting Roman open like that was just unnecessary. And yall can spin it however you want. But the fact is Roman has never been the problem, its Brock Lesnar. Yall ain't gone see that until he goes up against someone yall like. Hmmm like Daniel Bryan or Finn Balor?

And from what I hear the men of the company were not happy. Shane and Vince both allegedly had it out with Lesnar causing a big blowout! Now its Lesnar vs Reigns at the 50 man royal rumble in a steel cage. SMDH

OVERALL


It was a long but good show. I appreciated every match except for those that should've been left off. US Championship, SDLive Tag Team Championship, Universal Championship and John Cena vs Undertaker. These matches weren't the worst but rather they didn't peak my interest. They just aren't interesting enough to keep my attention or talk about.

The rest was great! I loved every moment of it. Next year I'm taking breaks. I was so got damn tired the next day I couldn't imagine being a performer and have to get up the next day and do it again. These guys (except Brock Lesnar cause his ass wasn't there) are true professionals and deserve gratitude and respect for what they do. So from little ole me and my blog, I want to say thank you to everyone in the WWE who made WrestleMania possible. But no not just WrestleMania every single dark show, RAW, SDLive, pay per view, etc. Thank you for showing up and showing out every single time. You provide entertainment for me and my family for years and I appreciate every one of you who put your bodies on the line to give us a few hours of joy a day. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

via GIPHY


Until next time folk...

via GIPHY





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular

Taking a Break...But I Shall RETURN!

So you guys have noticed I haven't posted regularly like I should. I have not been as invested in my blogs as when I started and I a...

Follow Us @PsychDesignTV